June 11, 2003
I've been writing. Well, has always been. Mind you, I do NOT mean the Honours Thesis. Now, that was quite an agonizing writing experience. But, thou shalt not be reminded.
I've been writing my random pieces of Chinese works. Well, something like my journal, I guess. Like Joe, he told me he writes in his journals(ss, cos so many!) and they are meant for his grandchildren to read. I'm not so far-sighted. Primarily because I have not decided if I would get married, though many has told me that it would be a great pity if I don't. Why? Cos I would make such a great wife and mother. Mind you, my xbf told me (when we were about to break up, anyway) that the thing about me is that I would probably be the best candidate if he were to look for a wife. Now, I STILL take that as a compliment, just that it was quite a bizarre thing to accept when you know you are going to go through a heart-wrenching breaking-up cry.
Anyway, so, like Joe, some people write because they want it as a part of the legacy for their grandkids. I don't know if I would ever have any. I write because I feel extremely happy and fulfilled upon writing a piece of work (no matter how short) with no blockage (aka writer's block). Speaking of which, that was the reason why writing the thesis was such an agony.
Those of you who think I'm just idling away my unemployed transition stage, please do take note that I am not as you perceive to be, bumming around at home, doing nothing constructive. I've been working, or rather, resuming my plan to have my own book. Well, unpublished one. But, yesh, I'd be showing it around when it's all done. To who? To people who probably will bother to read and people who have been my motivation to write.
Yeah... hehe. I'm so happy cos I juz printed out a couple pieces! N they look realli pretty! I'm so proud of myself! Never ceased to be. haha
Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 02:21